About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior UX Strategist to join our Product Team. As a Senior UX Strategist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user experience strategies, conducting content and UX design research, and managing website redesign and projects while adhering to business objectives, maintaining consistency, and delivering high-quality work products on time. You will also be required to drive business decisions with a user-centric mindset and manage shifting priorities to meet project deadlines.
What you’ll do?
- Develop and implement UX design methodologies and stay up-to-date with design trends.
- Synthesize discovery and create deliverables such as trends, insights, strategy briefs, and presentation decks
- Analyze data and user research to identify patterns and trends for UX strategy development.
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative research through analysis.
- Formulate concepts and requirements into a strategic roadmap and overall approach (including IA and UX artifacts such as site maps, user stories, use cases, user journey maps, reports, process flows, and prototypes in order to demonstrate and guide the project vision).
- Craft user-centered, accessible content and integrate it into the user experience to gather insights into user behavior, attitudes, and preferences.
- Translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and create high-quality UX deliverables.
- Effectively prioritize projects, manage tasks, and communicate with the project management team, delivering projects on time and on budget
- Collaborate with designers and developers to ensure the design and implementation of the product meets the vision of the original intention and business goals
- Balance business strategy with research insights in order to generate unique solutions for the client’s digital needs.
- Perform application audits and analyze data from various measurement tools in order to provide insights on user behavior and identify recommended design changes
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 3-4 (or more) years of interface design, research, and strategy with a solid understanding of fieldwork, effective comms, and design thinking methodologies.
- Experience with tools including Moqups, Figma, Miro/Figjam (for workshops and research), XD, or other design research tools.
What We Are Looking For
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively convey UX strategies and ideas to stakeholders through strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to analyze data and user research to inform UX strategies, identify areas for improvement, and develop hypotheses to address them.
- Empathy: Ability to understand user needs and preferences and design solutions accordingly by putting oneself in the shoes of the user.
- Collaboration Skills: Ability to work well in a team with designers, developers, and product managers and contribute expertise to the overall product development process.
- Creativity: Ability to find innovative solutions to UX problems and think outside the box to improve the user experience.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to pay attention to details and translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs.
- Experience in Design Thinking and User Research: Experience in leading design thinking workshops and familiarity with user research methodology.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to clearly communicate a vision of the product, provide constructive feedback to team members, and negotiate with other company leaders for things their team needs.
- Project Management Skills: Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and build commitment within the team.
- Intuitive: Having a good sense of balancing creative ideas with practical usability.